To update your listing in this directory, email your changes to firstname.lastname@example.org. New student organization documents and forms are accessible via SpartanWeb. Student organizations must register their group with the Office of Student Leadership and Engagement and renew their registration prior to each academic year.
View by Classification Type:
- Meeting Time/Place: Sundays at 6 p.m. in JS 236
- President: David Bowers IV
- Advisor: Melanie Hicks
- Description: Membership in this organization is by invitation and requires an application, interview and a minimum GPA.
- Meeting Time/Place: Wednesdays 11:15 a.m. Department of Education Office
- President: Nicole Johnson
- Advisor: Pattie Johnston
- Description: Teachers B.E.L.I.E.V.E. is a program of future teachers who have a passion and love for education. Members of B.E.L.I.E.V.E. work as a dedicated team of education majors. The vision of our program is to make a direct impact on our society by changing the lives of the students we work with. We do community service in the Tampa area, as well as work on research concerning current educational issues in both America and around the world. We also network with both public and private schools in the area, as well as participate in teaching workshops throughout the year. The Teachers B.E.L.I.E.V.E. program is continuing to build our reputation on campus, as well as across the state of Florida. The more exposed we get to the schools, teachers, students and principles, the better! We work to better the future of education for students, schools and the profession of teaching.
- Meeting Time/Place: Fridays at 3 p.m. in Brevard, Community Room
- President: Delisa Allen
- Advisor: Amanda Adas
- Description: Team CHAOS aims to educate students, faculty, and staff on a variety of the issues of responsible living, in particular, the safe and responsible uses of alcohol, narcotics and sex. They also will provide alternative activities and events for those students who wish to refrain from the above issues.
Membership in this organization is open to all UT students. Find us on Blackboard under Team Chaos.
- Website: http://ut.acm.org
- Meeting Time/Place: Every other Wednesday at 5 p.m. in Sykes COB 332
- President: Sarah Zaki
- Advisor: Vikas Jain
- Description: UT-ACM strives to advance computing as a science and a profession by exposing UT students to opportunities in computing and information technology through educational seminars and connecting them with the many opportunities in Tampa's thriving technology environment as well as opportunities with national reach.
- Meeting Time/Place: Monday, Wednesday, Friday 6 p.m. Naimoli and Young Family Tennis Complex
- President: Derek Flores
- Advisor: Padmanabhan Mahadevan
- Description: The University of Tampa Tennis Club will create a competitive, fun, social, structured way of playing tennis. The club will help participants expand the sport they love and will help them grow and establish new relationships and connections.
- Website: https://www.facebook.com/groups/249963675118532/
- Meeting Time/Place: Wednesdays at 8 p.m. in Cass Building 200
- President: Shiniqua Demmings
- Advisor: Aaron Walker
- Description: To provide an advantageous environment for the organization and development of film and other creative works in an attempt to educate our University on the topic of film while concurrently exhibiting the creative talents of students here at UT.
- Website: http://theminaretonline.com/
- Meeting Time/Place: Mondays at 7:30 p.m. VC 212
- President: Mia Glatter
- Advisor: Tiffini Theissn
- Description: The primary goal of The Minaret is to communicate to the student body, alumni, faculty and staff the stories and events that define The University of Tampa as an academic institution, as well as within the larger Tampa community. The Minaret also serves as a valuable student experience in the field of journalism, seeking to educate students and provide them the opportunity to work for a professional publication.
Membership in this organization is open to all UT students.
- Meeting Time/Place: TBA
- President: Molham Krayem
- Advisor: Kristen Foltz
- Description: The Spartan Society catapults students to advance into emulating the true Spartans of ancient Rome, self-disciplined individuals, courageous in the face of opportunity, risk and adversity. Members of the society embark on a journey of self-actualization, identifying where they are, where they want to be and how to get there. As a member of the society, you have the privilege of surrounding yourself with the elite society of the University, whom are relentless with their aspirations and destined to reach their maximum potential. The society environment propels members to master the wealth of true human vitality and maximize any human life within their proximity.
- Website: http://www.thetachi.org
- Meeting Time/Place: TBA
- President: Conor Fitzgerald
- Advisor: Lance Tackett
- Description: Theta Chi fraternity exists to serve as a place for our members to grow, mature and develop through interaction with other outstanding young men. Most importantly, our chapter provides opportunity in all aspects of life ranging from social to philanthropy. We express that brotherhood comes in a wide and diverse variety of shapes, sizes, forms, colors and fashions, but it reflects the concept of the Helping Hand, that the most important duty that we have is to assist others, especially in time of need. Theta Chi leads by example, holding positions in nearly ever aspect of campus life from Student Government to residence life to ROTC. The Theta Chi man does not follow the leader…he is the leader.
Membership in this organization is by invitation and requires a minimum GPA.