Music scholarships are awarded up to
$16,000 over four years (annual award amounts range from $1,000 to $4,000 per
year, renewable for four years). Music scholarships may be combined with other
forms of financial aid, with some exceptions (for more information on the exceptions, see section
in the UT catalog on “Excessive Awards”). In order to view additional information on renewal requirements, visit the Scholarship Renewal webpage, under "Departmental Scholarships."
entering students (fall term entry only)
- Must complete a live audition either on campus or through a live video chat
major and make continuous progress towards one of the following music degree programs:
in assigned ensembles each semester
Must audition and be accepted for full-time study for scholarship consideration by Feb. 17.
- Complete an online music audition form. You will be prompted at the end of the form to select an audition date. Applicants will be contacted to confirm an audition date.
- Audition dates correspond with admissions Open House dates. Special on-campus audition appointments other than campus visit dates may be arranged (contact email@example.com for assistance).
scholarships are prioritized by declared major, skill level and
instrument/voice type, in the following preferential order:
- Bachelor of Music in Music Education
- Bachelor of Music in Performance
- Bachelor of Arts in Music
Music minors may receive partial scholarship consideration based on the instrumental needs of the Department of Music.