Students at The University of Tampa have numerous opportunities to participate in various vocal and instrumental ensembles on campus. The ensembles at The University of Tampa are made up of music majors, music minors and students majoring in other areas. The rehearsal schedules of the groups make it easy for students to participate in more than one per semester. The music ensembles at UT are curricular, and students receive academic credit for participation.
Ensembles frequently travel on tours and perform in other areas of the state and the region. Participation is a wonderful way to enhance proficiency on your instrument and/or voice and to work with UT’s outstanding ensemble conductors. Playing or singing in an ensemble is a great way to enhance your experience at the University while fostering lasting friendships with classmates.
- Chamber Singers is the premier, mixed vocal ensemble of The University of Tampa. Audition required.
- Camerata Singers is a select chamber choir for women's voices. Audition required.
- OPUS is a select, mixed vocal ensemble specializing in musical theatre repertoire. Audition required.
- Opera Workshop is a select, mixed vocal ensemble for singers interested in performing ensemble and solo numbers from opera. Audition required.
- Men’s and Women’s Glee Clubs are open enrollment, single gender, non-auditioned vocal groups open to all singers. No audition required.
- Wind Ensemble is a large concert band with flexible instrumentation. Membership is by audition at the beginning of fall semester.
- Jazz Ensemble is a big-band of saxophones, trumpets, trombones and rhythm section. Membership is by audition at the beginning of fall semester.
- Spartan Band is UT’s athletic pep band. Membership is open to all UT students with high school band experience.
- Instrumental Chamber Ensembles are small ensembles of three to 10 players with various instrumentation. Membership is by faculty approval.
- Orchestra is a large orchestra with standard symphonic instrumentation. Membership is open to all UT students as well as community artists. Membership is by audition at the beginning of fall semester.