Summer Band Camp for Middle and High School Students
UT Summer Band Camp (Middle and High School Students) and Fred Gebhardt Band Leadership Camp for High School Band Officers
Sunday-Friday, June 16-21, 2013
The UT Band Camp is a comprehensive music camp for woodwind, brass and percussion students in grades 7-12. The Gebhardt Band Leadership Camp, a component of the UT Band Camp, is for high school students who qualify as noted above. Both camps are sponsored by the Department of Music at The University of Tampa and led by Jeffrey L. Traster, UT director of bands. Learn More
Concurrently with UT Band Camp, the UT Department of Music is proud to host the Fred Gebhardt Music Leadership Camp for high school band officers.
REGISTRATION FEE (paid by May 15):
• Day Camper: $245*
• Resident Camper: $445*
*Additional Late Registration Fee after May 15: $25
Scholarship Deadline: April 15, 2013
UT Band Camp and Gebhardt Leadership Camp registration forms must be submitted by May 15, 2013. More information on discounts for early registration and documented musical achievements is available, as well as information on scholarship opportunities and sponsors.
Our goal: "Better Musicians in Five Days"
At The University of Tampa Band Camp:
- Improve performance and musicianship skills
- Take master classes with UT music faculty (literature and tips for your instrument, warm-up and technique, how to prepare for auditions, etc.)
- Play in a large band conducted by music educators and a smaller ensemble (small ensemble concerts between 8:30 a.m.-4 p.m. on Friday - parents welcome!)
- Choose a music elective such as Master Musician, Beginning Piano, Jazz Improvisation, Score Reading/Conducting, Band Leadership
- Private lesson option (additional cost)
- Enjoy meals in a UT dining hall
- Be a Day Camper or Resident Camper (overnight)
- Resident campers follow the daily schedule noted below and continue with music events and other structured activities through the evening; all meals are provided. Resident campers are housed in a UT residence hall overnight Sunday—Thursday with expert and caring supervision. The resident/overnight camp counselors are experienced public school music teachers.
- 3-4 p.m. Registration
- 3:30-8 p.m. Band Placement Auditions, Dinner, Rehearsals
- 8:30 a.m.-8:30 p.m. (concluding with Grande Finale Concerts)
Grande Finale Concerts
Location: Friday evening at Falk Theatre, located on Kennedy Boulevard just across from the University's main entrance
1st Concert: Campus Band and Concert Band from 5-6:15 p.m.
2nd Concert: Symphonic Band and Wind Ensemble from 7-8:30 p.m.
- Students' concert times are determined by band placement on the first day of camp.
- Family and friends are encouraged to attend their student's Grand Finale Concert on Friday evening (admission is free, videotaping is permitted).
- Students leave with parents following their concert at Falk Theatre. Resident students' belongings will be at Falk Theatre for pick-up.
To register, complete this online form. For information, contact the UT Department of Music at (813) 253-6212, firstname.lastname@example.org or www.ut.edu/music.