Admission is competitive. Students are encouraged to apply early. To apply, please fill out either the paper (PDF)
or online application
. Applications are not reviewed until the Office of Graduate and Continuing Studies receives all required materials. Students are notified of admission decision after materials have been received and evaluated.
Admission Requirements and Documents
- Completed application
- $40 application fee
- Official transcripts of all previous college work received directly from each institution
- Graduate Management Admissions Test (GMAT) or Graduate Records Examination (GRE) is required. Pending approval, applicants may submit a request to waive the GMAT through their admissions counselor if they meet the following criteria:
PLEASE NOTE: meeting the criteria listed above only qualifies a student to request a GMAT waiver. All GMAT waivers are reviewed on an individual basis and must be approved by a committee. Please contact your admissions counselor for more information.
- 3.0 GPA from an AACSB-accredited four-year institution
- Relevant coursework
- Three or more years of documented full-time, strategic marketing management experience or marketing supervisory experience within the past five years
- Two professional reference forms (PDF) from individuals who attest to the applicant's professional background and academic potential. Professional letters of recommendation are accepted, if preferred.
- Professional résumé
- Personal statement: In approximately 500-1,000 words, describe your professional goals and how a graduate degree from The University of Tampa will help you accomplish those goals. In turn, you may also want to emphasize what you can contribute to the graduate program.
- Individual interviews are recommended but not required.
- Work experience is recommended but not required.
- International applicants: Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or International English Language Testing System (IELTS) score report
- June 1 for non-binding Early Action admission or July 15 for regular admission. After July 15 applications will be accepted based on space availability.
- Nov. 1 for non-binding Early Action admission or Dec. 15 for regular admission. After Dec. 15 applications will be accepted based on space availability.
Applicants should send documents to:
The University of Tampa
Office of Graduate and Continuing Studies
401 W. Kennedy Blvd.
Tampa, FL 33606-1490