The University of Tampa's Master of Science in Cybersecurity prepares students for careers in the dynamic and growing cybersecurity industry. Rapid technology changes and the evolving threats that face modern organizations require educated and equipped cybersecurity professionals. With small class sizes and a cutting-edge cybersecurity lab, this specialized graduate program emphasizes hands-on learning using real-world tools and virtual environments.
The curriculum covers critical topics in cybersecurity and gives students the option of taking valuable courses in project management, business analytics, enterprise systems and SAP certification. The program is also ideal for those wishing to advance in the fields of law enforcement, criminology, criminal justice, forensics, law and government.
Topics of Study
- Cloud Systems Security
- Secure Software Design
- Incident Response Management
- Penetration Testing
- Risk Assessment and Contingency Planning
- Technology Governance and Security Leadership
- Cybersecurity Research
- Digital Forensics
- Project Management
- Security Standards and Compliance
- Business Analytics
Located in the Daly Innovation and Collaboration Building, UT’s state-of-the-art cybersecurity lab provides students with valuable hands-on experience with software and equipment used by professionals in the field. The lab is ISO certified.
A key feature of UT’s cybersecurity graduate program is that it prepares students for professional security certifications and designations, such as the Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) exam.
- M.S. in Cybersecurity
- To earn the M.S., students take 32 credit hours of graduate courses. View M.S. in Cybersecurity in the UT Catalog.
- Non-thesis track: Ideal for working professionals who wish to advance in their field or launch a new career.
- Thesis track: Designed for students who wish to pursue doctoral studies or pursue research-oriented careers as an academic, consultant or practitioner.
- Graduate Certificate in Cybersecurity
- MBA with Concentration in Cybersecurity
- Gain the credentials to excel in the fast-growing cybersecurity industry
- Differentiate yourself in the fields of business, technology, law enforcement, forensics, government, analytics and more
- Curriculum is based on top professional certifications in the field
- Develop the foundation for future doctoral studies or research-based positions
- Flexible curriculum and schedule is ideal for working professionals
- All courses taught on campus by Ph.D.-level cybersecurity experts
For more information about UT’s M.S. in Cybersecurity program, contact Kenneth Knapp, director of cybersecurity programs, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
UT also offers an undergraduate major and minor in cybersecurity.