Admission is competitive and students are encouraged to apply early. Applications are not reviewed until the Office of Graduate and Continuing Studies receives all required materials. To apply, please use either paper (PDF
) or online application
. Students are notified of an admission decision after materials have been received and evaluated.
Application Requirements and Documents for M.S. in Accounting
- Completed application
- $40 application fee
- Official transcripts of all previous college work received directly from each institution
- Graduate Management Admissions Test (GMAT) or Graduate Records Examination (GRE) is required.
- Two professional reference forms (PDF) completed by individuals who attest to the applicant's professional background and academic potential. Professional letters of recommendation are accepted, if preferred.
- Professional résumé
- Personal statement: In approximately 500-1,000 words, describe your professional goals and how a graduate degree from The University of Tampa will help you accomplish those goals. In turn, you may also want to emphasize what you can contribute to the graduate program.
- Individual interviews are recommended but not required.
- Work experience is not required.
- International applicants: Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) score report
Applicants without an undergraduate accounting degree may be admitted as a full degree-seeking student; however, all applicants will be required to complete course prerequisites.
Applications are evaluated for fall, spring and summer terms on a rolling basis. Qualified students are admitted until spaces are full for the relevant term. Due to this rolling basis, admission is competitive and students are encouraged to apply early. Students are notified of their status once all documents have been received.
Applicants can send required documents the following ways*:
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (Recommended)
Fax: (813) 258-7451
The University of Tampa
Office of Graduate and Continuing Studies
401 W. Kennedy Blvd.
Tampa, FL 33606-1490
*Please note that official documents must come in the original form.