McNiff Fitness Center
The McNiff Fitness Center is a 6,000-square-foot fitness facility featuring:
- 17 PRECOR cardio machines including ellipticals, stationary bikes, adaptive motion trainers and stair climbers
- Four Life Fitness Treadmills and one Precor Treadmill
- Two Concept2 Rowers
- 14 Selectorized weight machines by Nautilus, PRECOR and Life Fitness
- 16 Star Trac SPINNER NXT bikes with cadence computers
- Multiple free-weight lifting stations with more than 2,500 lbs. of plates
- Group fitness area complete with mats, steps, hand weights, BOSU balls, kettlebells and stability balls
The Fitness Center also has four outdoor sport courts: two sand volleyball and two basketball. They are available for open recreation and/or for student organization rental by contacting Katie White, assistant director of Campus Recreation, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To add variety to your fitness and recreation needs, the Athletics Department operates a newly remodeled Olympic-size swimming pool and leisure deck which is available to students, faculty and staff.
Fall Hours of Operation
Monday-Thursday 7:15 a.m. - 12 a.m.
Friday: 7:15 a.m. - 10 p.m.
Saturday-Sunday: 10 a.m. - 10 p.m.
Full-time, undergraduate student memberships are free. Faculty and staff memberships are $50 per year. Memberships for graduate and continuing studies students, alumni and part-time students are $100 per year. Memberships that require a fee must be paid for via cash or check made out to "The University of Tampa." Memberships at the McNiff Fitness Center purchased on or after Aug. 1, 2013, will cover the time period between date of purchase to July 31, 2014. Memberships are nonrefundable.
For more information about the McNiff Fitness Center and/or fitness programs, please contact the McNiff front desk staff at (813) 258-7435.
UT students with a valid fitness center membership may sponsor one guest per day, one visit per day. The guest must be 18 years of age, present photo identification and pay a $5 fee at the front desk. The sponsoring member must accompany the guest at all times while in the facility. If the sponsor leaves the facility, the guest must also leave. The guest may or may not be allowed to participate in group fitness classes depending upon equipment availability, as the members are served first.