What additional requirements are there for international students?
- TOEFL score of at least 577 on the paper-based test (230 computer-based; 90 Internet-based) or a minimum of 6.5 on the International English Testing System (IELTS) score report.
- Certification of Funds Form along with statements or letter from bank
- International Student Clearance Form for students who have attended U.S. university.
Is the GMAT required?
Competitive verbal and quantitative scores on the Graduate Management Admissions Test (GMAT) or Graduate Records Examination (GRE) are required for all business graduate programs. The GMAT and GRE may be considered for waiver for the following programs:
- MS-FIN applicants who have passed any level of the CFA exam or MS-FIN applicants who submit sufficient evidence of three or more years of relevant professional work experience within the past five years and have a business degree from an AACSB accredited institution with a GPA of 3.0 or better in relevant course work.
- MS-MKT applicants who submit sufficient evidence of three or more years of relevant professional work experience within the past five years and have a business degree from an AACSB accredited institution with a GPA of 3.0 or better in relevant course work.
- Executive MBA applicants who submit sufficient evidence of seven or more years of relevant professional work experience and have a degree from an accredited institution with a GPA of 3.0 or better in relevant course work as deemed appropriate by the admissions committee.
- MBA Full-time and Part-time students who have completed master’s degrees at a regionally accredited institution may petition to be waived from the GMAT requirement to the admission committee.
Where can more information about the GMAT be found?
- See www.gmac.com for more information, list of test centers, or to schedule a test date.
Where can application forms be found?
- Online applications are available by clicking Apply Now.
- PDF applications can be downloaded from the UT website.
- Paper applications can be requested from the Office of Graduate and Continuing Studies, (813) 258-7409 or email@example.com.
What if admission requirements are not met?
- If GMAT is low and GPA is higher than requirement, there is a possibility for conditional acceptance. A formula is used to calculate an overall admissions score.
- A student accepted conditionally must maintain a 3.0 GPA for first 8 credit hours.
Is business experience required for admission into the program?
- For the Full-Time MBA and Part-Time Evening programs, prior business experience is recommended, but not required.
- For the Executive MBA program, the applicant must have seven years of relevant professional work experience.
What are the application deadlines?
- Fall: June 1 for non-binding Early Action admission or July 15 for regular admission. After July 15, applications will be accepted based on space availability.
- Spring: Nov. 1 for non-binding Early Action admission or Dec. 15 for regular admission. After Dec. 15, applications will be accepted based on space availability.
Decisions can be made on unofficial documents, but official ones must still be received by mail before classes begin.
What are restrictions for non-degree seeking status?
- Students can take up to 6 credit hours as a non-degree seeker.
- GMAT is not required for non-degree seeking status. With a qualifying GMAT score (at least 450), student can change to degree seeking status during the next semester.
What are requirements for earning a professional certificate?
- Successful completion of 12 credit hours required for degree concentration.
- Student must satisfy other admission requirements.
Are graduate assistantships available?
- Graduate assistantships are available to qualified, new full-time graduate business students.
- Admitted students who meet the academic qualifications for a GA position will be invited to apply.
- Positions are awarded on academic performance.
- GA positions pay a $1,500 stipend each semester and tuition for a maximum of 36 total credit hours. Full-time students usually take 8-12 credit hours per semester.
How many credit hours are required to be considered full-time?
- Students must take at least 8 credit hours in a semester for full-time status.
- For part-time students, there is no minimum or maximum (other than reaching full-time status).
What are tuition and fees?
- For the part-time and full-time graduate business students, the tuition is per credit hour.
- For Executive MBA students, the cost of the program includes tuition, fees, textbooks and meals. It is payable over two years in six equal installments.
- A $40 service fee is assessed each semester.
How many credit hours are needed to graduate?
- For the part-time and full-time MBA students, the total requirement for graduation ranges from 40-57 credit hours, depending on applicant's educational background and prior class work.
- For the Executive MBA students starting in fall 2011, 48 credit hours are required for the degree.
- Business undergraduate degrees from non-accredited schools will be reviewed for potential credits by the Graduate Business Programs Office.
Can credits from another institution be transferred?
- Students must take a total of 30 hours at UT in order to receive their degree. Between 9-12 credit hours can be transferred from another university.
- The University cannot guarantee any credits will be transferred. The Graduate Business Programs Office must review transcripts and syllabi from each course.
What is the University's policy for employee reimbursement plans?
- Students with employers offering reimbursement should contact the University's Financial Aid Office.
- For more information or to find required form, click here.
What is the leadership coaching program?
How do I register for my classes?
- Students can register online with SpartanWeb or e-mail, by fax, or in person. Registration requests cannot be accepted by phone.
- Registration requires student name, ID number/social security number, class name, class section, and course number.
What is SpartanWeb? How can I log in?
- SpartanWeb is a website where enrolled students can check their class schedule, find course availability, or register for classes.
- The access ID is the student's ID number (located on ID card).
- International students will be mailed an access code. Contact the Office of Graduate and Continuing Studies for further assistance (813) 258-7409.
What is Blackboard?
- Blackboard is a website where course information, grades, and announcements are regularly posted