Meet Linda Devine
Vice President, Operations and Planning
Education: 1980 Ashland College, B.S. in Education
1981 Bowling Green State University, M.A. in Education: College Student Personnel
1995 University of South Florida, Ph.D. in Curriculum and Instruction, emphasis in Interdisciplinary Leadership, cognate in Marketing
1997 Harvard University, Institute for Educational Management
Career Specialties: Linda Devine has served The University of Tampa (UT) in positions of increasing scope and responsibility since 1981, culminating in her current position as vice president for Operations and Planning. Reporting to the President, she functions as chief planning and effectiveness officer, working directly with student affairs, campus safety, student success, institutional research, post office and campus store. She leads several institution-wide work groups, including the Retention Task Force, the Registration Task Force, the Emergency Operations Team, the Emergency Communications Group, and the Night Operations Group. Her daily work involves nearly every sector of the University, particularly as it relates to student success and overall institutional effectiveness.
Devine also serves as the University's SACSCOC Liaison, chaired the organization's 2010 Annual Meeting Program Committee and has served as a peer evaluator for more than a dozen engagements.
Honors and Awards:
- The University of Tampa National Alumni Association – Service and Recognition Award
- Tampa Bay Workforce Alliance Recognition for Service
- Tampa Bay Business Woman of the Year – Winner in the Education Sector, 2011; Finalist, 2007
- Leadership Tampa, Class of 2010
- Leadership Tampa Alumni group
- Rotary Club of Tampa Paul Harris Fellow
- Florida Association for Women in Education - Certificate of Recognition for Commitment to FAWE