Strategic Marketing Affiliates
SMA acts as an intermediary for UT,
enabling it to work directly with manufacturers and retailers. This
ensures that decisions can be made promptly and that manufacturers can
become licensed with the University in a timely manner.
UT utilizes Strategic Marketing Affiliates (SMA) as its primary licensing agent.
Strategic Marketing Affiliates assists UT with the following:
- Facilitating the license application process,
- Executing the licensing agreements,
- Marketing the UT brand to potential manufacturers,
- Monitoring the marketplace for unlicensed use of trademarks,
- Collecting royalty payments, and
- Conducting compliance review audits of licensed manufacturers.
order to produce products bearing the marks of UT, manufacturers and
vendors must be a licensee of UT. For more information on becoming a
University licensee or on the services SMA provides, including a copy of
the application and license agreement, visit Strategic Marketing
Affiliates at www.smaworks.com.
licensees are required to remit royalty reports and payments on a
quarterly basis to SMA, who collects these payments on behalf of UT. UT
has established a royalty rate of 10 percent of the wholesale price of
an individual product.