Every month, the Office of Student Leadership and Engagement hopes to honor a student leader who has made positive contributions to The University of Tampa. The Bob Ruday Student Leader of the Month exemplifies leadership traits, goes above and beyond to contribute to the UT community, serves as a role model to other students and displays a high sense of personal responsibility and morals. Students, faculty, staff and off-campus contacts are encouraged to nominate a student for this award.
If you have a student in mind that fits this description, please nominate them. Forms must be submitted by the last Friday of each month. One winner will be chosen each month and will receive an award certificate, UT swag and the choice to have lunch at Panache with either the Dean of Students or the dean of their college of study. Make sure to nominate an outstanding student leader today!
Amanda Rodriguez – September
- Orientation Leader
- President of UT Diplomats
- President’s Leadership Fellows
- Amanda created partnerships with organizations from throughout the Tampa Bay Area which allowed students to network for possible employment opportunities. She also created a cohesive and immersive leadership training for 65 students which included guest speakers.
Gabrielle Cwanek – October
- Student Productions RA with Residence Hall Association
- Member of Delta Sigma Pi
- Hall Council
- Dance Happening
- Gabrielle was tasked with helping to improve the Financial Literacy program at UT and organized Money Management and Financial Literacy week presentations for 1,200 students. She also assists in maintaining websites that provide financial information to students.
Juhi Kore – November
- Campus Wide Senator for Student Government
- United Nations Student Alliance - Under Secretary General of Foreign Affairs
- ONE - Vice President
- Spartan League of Speakers – President
- Pathways to Honors – Mentor
- After a BAC 102 class lost their mentor, Juhi took over as mentor to ensure the new students had a mentor to help guide them in their UT careers. A student whom she had originally met at a prospective Honors students breakfast said that talking to Juhi at the breakfast is what made the student choose UT.
Katie Godwin – December/January
- President’s Leadership Fellows Member
- Vice President of Internal Affairs for the UT Diplomats
- Member of Kappa Alpha Theta
- Honors Program
- Orientation Leadership Staff Member
- Katie's dedication to the University community and to the new students was instrumental in successfully welcoming over 400 new Spartans to our campus. Through all of her work, she never forgets that the goal is to create a positive experience for her fellow students.