Every month, the Office of Student Leadership and Engagement hopes to honor a student leader who has made positive contributions to The University of Tampa. The Bob Ruday Student Leader of the Month exemplifies leadership traits, goes above and beyond to contribute to the UT community, serves as a role model to other students and displays a high sense of personal responsibility and morals. Students, faculty, staff and off-campus contacts are encouraged to nominate a student for this award.
If you have a student in mind that fits this description, please nominate them. Forms must be submitted by the last Friday of each month. One recipient will be chosen each month and will receive an award certificate, $125, UT swag and the choice to have lunch at Panache with either the Dean of Students or the dean of their college of study. Make sure to nominate an outstanding student leader today!
Noah Lei - October
of the St. Jude Up 'til Dawn
- External Marketing Ambassador for Hult Prize
Life Chairman for Student Government
Chairman, Social Chairman, Philanthropy Chairman for Tau Kappa Epsilon
- Hosted first successful No More Cancer Rally, raising over $5,000 in one night
the leader of St. Jude’s Up 'til Dawn, Noah empowered students to lead fundraising
initiatives for this philanthropic cause. Together they raised $23,313 for the children
of St. Jude’s research hospital. He also led St. Jude Up ‘Til Dawn to become one of the top 5 Up ‘Til Dawn Fundraisers nationwide, in regards to recruitment, activation and revenue raised.
successfully recruited 26 men to Tau Kappa Epsilon fraternity. Noah is a person that cares about others and
enjoys helping them succeed. For
example, a new member was recently struggling with grades and at risk of
dropping the fraternity. Noah took the time to meet with him, personalize a helpful
study plan, ultimately assisting him to excel in the course. As a recommender
stated, “Noah is a gentleman who respects all others.”
- As philanthropy chairman for Tau Kappa Epsilon, Noah raised the record of funds ever raised for UT's Relay for Life.
Nathan Legger - September
- President of Lambda Chi Alpha
- Student Advisory Committee for International Headquarters of Lambda Chi Alpha
- Student Coordinator of Educating Leaders in Today's Environment (ELITE)
- Planning Committee for ELITE
- Member of the Local Student Board of Directors
- Vice President of Membership of the Interfraternity Council
- Public Relations Chair and Director of St Jude Up 'til Dawn
- Nate is heavily involved with his fraternity, Lambda Chi Alpha. As chapter president, he has lead the organization to maintain its foundational ideals and standards. Within the first month of our operations this semester, he led the organization in successfully coordinating a Vineyard Vines fundraiser and a food drive for Feeding Tampa Bay. He was actively involved in growing the chapter, officially chartering of Lambda Chi Alpha on UT’s campus and working towards doubling its membership. In addition to serving the organization as president, he has held the roles of vice president and social chairman.
- As student coordinator of ELITE, Nate has worked to plan the three ELITE off-campus retreats. He has also grown the program beyond the one-time retreats, to a year-long connection called Encore. Along with the planning committee, he created a check-in and accountability system by planning outings with the participants and their mentors. The program is an important cornerstone in the first-year experience realm of the University.