2015-2016 Housing Selection Information
Welcome to the Housing Selection Guide 2015-2016. We look forward to your continued participation in UT's residential community. Only current residential students (includes those studying abroad or interning through UT) may participate in this process.
Group of Four, Special Needs and Singles applications are only available on SpartanWeb. You must pay your deposits on time to access the applications.
When paying your deposit on SpartanWeb, be sure to link to Campus Life, Residence Life and Current Student Housing Application.
This process will begin in February to give us time to answer all of your questions and help you and your friends find the ideal housing situation. In the interest of giving continuing students first choice for the best spaces on campus, we ask that you read this Web page closely and download the entire Housing Selection Guide (PDF)
. Once you understand the process, you will be able to complete and submit your application online.
When considering your housing options for next year, please remember that all students living on campus must
select a meal plan. You can view your meal plan options at dining.ut.edu/plans.html
. Only those in Palm apartments, ResCom, Straz and Urso may select the seven meal plan option.
As you review this process, please remember to use the Housing Selection Guide (PDF)
as a reference tool. If you have questions, please contact our office at firstname.lastname@example.org
, and we will assist you. We realize this information is very detailed, so please visit our information tables in residential lobbies for specific information. You can also stop by the weekly RHA meeting on Tuesdays at 8:30 p.m. in the Brevard Community Room. SpartanWeb will have the most current information.
2015-2016 Alcohol Policy: Austin Hall, Boathouse, Brevard Hall, Hotel, McKay Hall, Smiley Hall, Morsani Hall and Vaughn (3-8) are alcohol-free residence halls. Residents and guests, regardless of age, will not be permitted to consume or possess alcohol or alcohol containers in any of these residence halls. This includes individual rooms and public areas.
- Feb. 1 by 11:59 p.m. – $175 Non-refundable housing deposit deadline and damage deposit verification. Every student must continue to have a damage deposit on his/her account. When paying your deposit on SpartanWeb, be sure to link to Campus Life, Residence Life and Current Student Housing Application. If you must pay in the Bursar's office, payments are due by noon on Jan. 31.
- Feb. 5 by 11:59 p.m. – Option 1A: Group of Four applications due
- Feb. 5 by 11:59 p.m. - Option 1B: Special Needs applications due
- Feb. 19 by 11:59 p.m. – Option 2: Singles applications due
- March 16-20– Option 3: General Lottery
- After the deposit and selection deadline – Students who miss the deposit or selection deadlines will need to look for off-campus housing.
- June 1 cancellation deadline – Students who wish to cancel housing must do so in writing by this date.
Here are the basic steps to selecting YOUR SPACE:
STEP ONE: Log on to SpartanWeb, complete your housing agreement and pay your deposits
- Feb. 1 by 11:59 p.m. $175 Housing Deposit (non refundable) deadline. Keep your receipt or email confirmation. The deadline is noon if you are paying in person to the Bursar.
- Damage Deposit must still be on your account.
- Verify on your SpartanWeb account or with the Bursar (Plant Hall, Room 428, (813) 253-6202, email@example.com, fax (813) 258-7227).
- Complete your 2015-2016 housing agreement.
STEP TWO: Log on to SpartanWeb and select your option
Option 1: (A) Group of Four and (B) Special Needs applications due by 11:59 p.m., Feb. 5. You must pay your deposits and complete your housing agreement on time to access the applications.
- (A) Group of Four applies to four-person suites in Brevard Hall, Jenkins Hall, Morsani Hall, and four-person apartments in Palm, ResCom and Straz Hall.
- (B) Special Needs applies to those with approved documentation on file with Residence Life and Student Disability Services prior to Jan. 23, 2015. Students will not be able to access the special needs application without approved documentation on file.
Option 2: Singles application deadline Feb. 19 by 11:59 p.m. Applies to Austin Hall, McKay Hall, Smiley Hall and Urso Hall.
Option 3: General Selection (room selection by class lottery number) for those who don't select a space during Option 1 or 2. General Selection lottery numbers will be posted on your SpartanWeb account by March 12. No application required.
STEP THREE: Select your space
Participants in each option will be given specific instructions, dates and times to select a space. Residence Life will not assign you to a space if you do not to select during your assigned times.
Option 1: (A) Approved groups and selection times posted on SpartanWeb by 5 p.m., Feb. 10. Selection will occur on Feb. 11-13. You will select your space on SpartanWeb. (B) Approved special needs residents will receive additional information from Residence Life.
Option 2: Approved singles and selection times posted on SpartanWeb by 5 p.m., Feb. 24. Selection will occur on Feb. 25-27. You will select your space on SpartanWeb.
Option 3: General Selection lottery numbers will be posted on SpartanWeb by 5 p.m., March 12. You may complete your housing agreement on SpartanWeb prior to selection. Selection will occur March 16-20 in Vaughn 219.
STEP FOUR: Cancellation options
- June 1 deadline to cancel: Cancellation requests must be in writing. Cancellation requests after this date may not be granted. The $175 Housing Deposit is non-refundable regardless of the date you cancel or withdraw.
- June 1 deadline to be terminated for excessive damage: You will be notified no later than this date, if you are removed from housing for excessive damage.
- June 1 deadline to be registered as a full-time student: Part-time and unregistered residents will be removed from housing. You must be a full-time student to keep your room on campus.
STEP FIVE: Check in
- Aug. 31 is the deadline to check in. Your fall room will not be held beyond Aug. 31 without prior written notice providing your anticipated date of arrival.
If you have any questions about the housing selection process please contact Residence Life staff, at firstname.lastname@example.org
or (813) 253-6239.