What is Order of Omega?
Order of Omega is a leadership honor society for members of fraternity and sorority organizations. Order of Omega recognizes juniors and seniors who have exemplified high standards in the areas of scholarship, leadership, involvement within their respective organization and within Fraternity and Sorority Life, campus and local community. Members are selected from the top 3 percent of students at each institution. To date, over 500 chapters have been chartered throughout North America, each sharing the common goal of recognizing the many outstanding student leaders at their institution.
Purpose of Order of Omega
- To RECOGNIZE those fraternity men and women who have attained a high standard of leadership in interfraternity activities,
- to ENCOURAGE them to continue along this line and
- to INSPIRE others to strive for similar conspicuous attainment;
- To UNITE outstanding fraternity men and women to create an organization which will help to mold the sentiment of the institution on questions of local and intercollegiate fraternity affairs;
- To BRING TOGETHER members of the faculty, alumni and student members of the institution's fraternities and sororities on a basis of mutual interest, understanding and helpfulness;
- To help CREATE an atmosphere where ideas and issues can be discussed openly across fraternity and sorority lines and to help work out solutions.
Contact the UT Order of Omega chapter