The Office of Donor Relations assists the Development office’s fundraising mission by coordinating special events, preparing annual endowment reports, organizing the acknowledgment and recognition for donors, and serving as a resource for Development staff on matters of stewardship and recognition.
The office enhances relationships with the University's benefactors by providing support to both internal and external constituents. Further, the office seeks to fortify donor trust and honor the donor's right to accurate and timely information about the use and impact of their gift(s).
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or (813) 253-6220.
Read more about why these Spartans gave back...
"Al and I are extremely grateful for our years at UT and for the wonderful educational opportunities."
- Rosemary Leathers ’58
Read Donor Stories
Ways to Give
We accept many types of gifts that are consistent with the mission of UT...
The University of Tampa greatly appreciate every donation, regardless of size, because your gifts provide the funding necessary to keep the institution at the forefront of educational preeminence.
We accept many types of gifts that are consistent with the missions and priorities of The University of Tampa. These include current gifts, such as cash or stock transfers, and deferred gifts, such as will bequests.
Ways to Give
Read our latest endowment report...
Donor Bill of Rights
Philanthropy is based on voluntary...
Philanthropy is based on voluntary action for the common good. It is a tradition of giving and sharing that is primary to the quality of life. To assure that philanthropy merits the respect and trust of the general public and that donors and prospective donors can have full confidence in the not-for-profit organizations and causes they are asked to support, it is declared that all donors have these rights:
- To be informed of the organization's mission, of the way the organization intends to use donated resources, and of its capacity to use donations effectively for their intended purposes
- To be informed of the identity of those serving on the organization's governing board and to expect the board to exercise prudent judgment in its stewardship responsibilities
- To have access to the organization's most recent financial statements
- To be assured gifts will be used for the purposes for which they were given
- To receive appropriate acknowledgment and recognition
- To be assured that information about donations is handled with respect and with confidentiality to the extent provided by law
- To expect that all relationships with individuals representing organizations of interest to the donor will be professional in nature
- To be informed whether those seeking donations are volunteers or employees of the organization or hired solicitors
- To have the opportunity for the donor’s name to be deleted from mailing lists that an organization may intend to share
- To feel free to ask questions when making a donation and to receive prompt, truthful and forthright answers
The text of this statement in its entirety was developed by the American Association of Fundraising Counsel (AAFRC), the Association for Healthcare Philanthropy (AHP), the Council for Advancement and Support of Education (CASE) and the Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP).
Your privacy is important to us...
Your privacy is important to us.
Use of Donor Information: Donor information is used to complete the transaction, record the donation, generate the appropriate tax receipt, and to appropriately acknowledge each gift donation. Donor records are also used for general record keeping and internal analysis. Credit card information is used to process the gift, but is not retained. The University of Tampa does not rent, market or otherwise disclose donor information to any outside party or vendor for non-University purposes, unless required under law. Within the University, access to donor information is limited to University staff members with a need to know. Staff members are bound by a professional code of ethics and a "Donor Bill of Rights.”
Donor Recognition: The University of Tampa enjoys providing donors with recognition for their gifts through print, spoken and/or Web-based media. However, you may choose to waive this recognition and make a gift anonymously. Please contact the Development Office if you would like your gift to be anonymous. We will always respect your decision to keep a gift confidential.
Email Opt-Out: The University of Tampa communicates with donors on a regular basis via email through our alumni community. We provide a method to opt-out of receiving a particular category of email, or all UT emails, at the bottom of every email sent via our alumni email system.
Email Opt-In/Choice: By default, you are opted-in to UT emails. If you have opted-out of UT emails and wish to opt-in again, you may do so by updating your profile on our alumni system.