Admission to the Executive MBA program is competitive and applicants are encouraged to apply early. To apply, please use either paper (PDF
) or online application
. Applications are not reviewed until the Office of Graduate and Continuing Studies receives all required materials. Students are notified of an admission decision after materials have been received and evaluated.
Total tuition for the Executive MBA program for students entering the cohort in Fall 2016 is $46,302. Updated tuition information for those students entering the cohort in Fall 2017 will be available by late Spring 2017. The total tuition is payable over two years in six equal installments.
Rated by Fortune
magazine as a “Best Value,” the total tuition for the EMBA program is an all-inclusive amount for the two-year program. The cost includes tuition costs for all semesters, all books, course materials and student service fees as well as career management services tailored to executive MBA students. The program fee also includes a personal iPad, breakfast and lunch during each class meeting and all costs related to the international travel course including airfare and lodging.
- Completed application
- Four-year degree from regionally accredited institution
- Two professional reference forms (PDF) completed by individuals who attest to the applicant's professional background and academic potential. Professional letters of recommendation are accepted, if preferred.
- Professional résumé
- Personal statement: In approximately 500-1,000 words, describe your professional goals and how a graduate degree from The University of Tampa will help you accomplish those goals. In turn, you may also want to emphasize what you can contribute to the graduate program.
- Graduate Management Admissions Test (GMAT) or Graduate Records Examination (GRE)**
- Seven years work experience
- International students: TOEFL or IELTS
- Application fee of $40
** The admission committee may waive the GMAT or GRE requirement based on the following:
- A minimum GPA of 3.0 or better from an accredited four-year institution
- Relevant coursework
- Required work experience
- A satisfactory entry interview
PLEASE NOTE: meeting the criteria listed above only qualifies a student to request a GMAT waiver. All GMAT waivers are reviewed on an individual basis and must be approved by a committee. Please contact your admissions counselor for more information.
The EMBA class is comprised of students who represent a wide array of industries, including, communications, consulting, energy, federal government, healthcare, military and technology. The average age of students is 40 years old with 16 years of work experience.
Graduate and Continuing Studies