The Bachelor of Science in Criminology and Criminal Justice at The University of Tampa is one of only eight undergraduate degree programs currently certified by the Academy of Criminal Justice Sciences (ACJS), an international association established in 1963 to foster professional and scholarly activities in the field of criminal justice. ACJS promotes criminal justice education, research and policy analysis within the discipline of criminal justice for both educators and practitioners. An undergraduate program that has been awarded ACJS certification has demonstrated:
- a clear of sense of its mission and how it fits within the academic institution;
- a sound curriculum that is designed to meet technological and societal change;
- clear evidence of program quality and effectiveness based on program outcome assessment;
- the institutional and programmatic resources to maintain program quality and effectiveness; and
- a commitment to meet and maintain the integrity standards of the ACJS Code of Ethics.