Resources on Service-Learning
Compact of Community Service Learning at UT (PDF)
View sample syllabi for all disciplines.
View the Campus Compact website.
Visit the Generator School Network.
Opportunities for Faculty to Become Involved in Community Engagement Initiatives
- Incorporate service‐learning into your curriculum.
- Add a service opportunity into study abroad experiences.
- Serve on the Service‐Learning Committee.
- Volunteer for Into the Streets or Martin Luther King Jr. Day of Service.
- Serve as an adviser for a PEACE Alternative Break trip.
- Volunteer for a Tampa-based service project listed on OrgSync.
- Provide information about nonprofit organizations that you work with personally and professionally to the PEACE Volunteer Center to help maintain accurate records.
- Participate in the University’s recycling program. Develop sustainability initiatives for your department.
- Record your community service hours through the PEACE Volunteer Center.
- Nominate students, faculty and staff for the PEACE Volunteer Awards.
For additional information on developing service-learning opportunities in your classroom, please contact Ian McGinnity at (813) 257-3363.