Research and News
TAMPA BAY LEADERSHIP REVIEW
The Tampa Bay Leadership Review was developed to create a link between the Center for Leadership and the business community and to disseminate some of the growing knowledge in the field of leadership for business practitioners.
View the Winter/Spring 2014 edition of our biannual newsletter.
In Fall 2011 former Mayor of Tampa Pam Iorio accepted an appointment as Leader-in-Residence in the TECO Center for Leadership. During her time, Iorio will be working in the leadership center and greater UT community as an adviser, guest lecturer and advocate for UT leadership initiatives.
In September 2011, Iorio received the annual Tampa Bay Ethics Award from UT’s Center for Ethics recognizing her active promotion of ethics, integrity and fairness in government.
FACULTY RESEARCH ON LEADERSHIP
Examples of leadership research conducted by Sykes College of Business faculty include:
- David Bechtold’s research on how perceived risks impact communication and leader effectiveness.
- Amy Beekman’s research on issues related to nonprofit leadership and entrepreneurship.
- Bella Galperin’s work on leadership in Africa and the diaspora, as well as the role of leadership in unethical and deviant workplace behaviors.
- Dean Koutroumanis’ work on leadership and organizational culture in the service industry.
- Erika Matulich’s research related to leadership in young professionals based on how they use technology and ethical practices for leadership.
- Robert McMurrian's research on ethical leadership.
- Susan Steiner’s research on leadership under crisis and nonprofit leadership and entrepreneurship.