The Tampa Bay Ethics Award is to recognize individuals in the Tampa Bay community who exemplify the mission and principles of The University of Tampa by promoting the highest ethical standards of business conduct. The 2013 Ethics Breakfast will be held in the fall of 2013 from 7:30 – 9 a.m. on the 9th floor of the Vaughn Center. Nominations are due by 5 p.m. on Friday, June 7, 2013.
- Must live and work in the Tampa Bay area and be a citizen of the United States.
- Must demonstrate high ethical character in everyday life.
- Must have promoted and encouraged ethics and integrity.
- Must demonstrate long-standing pattern of commitment to ethics.
- May be in business, government, education or the nonprofit area. Sole acts of philanthropy or volunteer work do not apply.
- The qualities a nominee should demonstrate are integrity, responsibility, respectfulness, trustworthiness, caring, fairness and justice.
- Nominations for the Tampa Bay Ethics Award will be reviewed by an independent, volunteer panel of UT faculty and the Center for Ethics advisory council members.
- Finalists may be chosen to participate in an in-person interview, which gives the applicants the opportunity to provide more detail about why they should be selected for the award.
- The selected award recipient will be honored at The University of Tampa's annual Ethics Breakfast event which will be held in the fall of 2013
- Finalists are notified of their selection at least 60 days before the award ceremony.
Nomination Deadline: 5 p.m., June 7, 2013