RECRUITING TRENDS 2016: THE Future is NOW: ME-llenials and the Entrepreneurial Spirit!!
The University of Tampa’s Office of Career Services and event partner, University of South Florida Career Services, will be hosting the Eighth Annual Recruiting Trends Program. Back by popular demand, Phil Gardner, director of the Collegiate Employment Research Institute (CERI) at Michigan State University, will share the latest data from the recently released recruiting trends survey. Participants will get a firsthand look at the most recent recruiting trends influencing the college labor market, as reported by data collected from many local and national employers. Gardner and CERI are nationally recognized for their research on the transition from college to work, employment readiness of college graduates and assessment of learning in the workplace.
Closing the program, John Hill, former Higher Education Evangelist at LinkedIn, now the Network catalyst for Techstars, will share his Magical Rhetorical Ride around LinkedIn, millennial entrepreneurs, talent and how it's all intertwined. Storytelling, anecdotes and hard facts will combine to showcase how tools, talent and timing are leading to an incredible change in how young talent navigates professional pathways. Learn how LinkedIn has become the road map, an infusion of entrepreneurial thought process in the classroom, the workforce and cities has changed skill sets and how recruitment of this talent is a short-term play.
Former Higher Education Evangelist, LinkedIn
Network Catalyst, Techstars
- Identify recruiting trends specific to Florida and the southeast for 2015 and beyond.
- Understand today’s emerging workforce, millennials and what makes them tick.
- Explore opportunities to uncover and capitalize on the entrepreneurial spirit for your company.
- Discover successful talent management strategies for your organization.
- Network with talent management colleagues from the Tampa Bay region.
Who Should Attend?
- Employers/human resources professionals
- College and corporate recruiters
- Senior leadership responsible for talent management
Date: Friday, Jan. 8, 2016
Time: 7:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. (breakfast and networking, followed by program)
Location: The University of Tampa’s Vaughn Center, 9th Floor (Campus Map)
- Cost: $35 per attendee, includes program, parking and hot buffet breakfast
- Payment Statement: Registration and payment can be made via http://recruitingtrends2016.eventbrite.com. If you have any problems using this option, please contact Mark Colvenbach at (813) 253-6236 or at email@example.com. Confirmation and parking information, including a campus parking pass, will be provided prior to the event.
- Registration and payment must be received by Wednesday, Jan. 6.
- Cancellation Policy: Full refund may be issued until Tuesday, Jan. 5. No refund is available after this date.
- THANK YOU to Event Sponsor Skoda Minotti: