During the interview, you will likely encounter questions similar to
the ones listed below. It would be wise to prepare answers to these
questions and any others that you think may be asked. Answers should be
appropriate for the experience and qualifications required for the
- Tell me about yourself.
- Why did you choose The University of Tampa?
- What are your short-term career objectives? Long-term?
- Why does our company/organization interest you?
- Why did you choose your particular area/major/field of concentration?
- What do you know about this company?
(Only 30% of people who interview have researched the company in advance. This is your time to shine!)
- Why are you applying for this job with our company?
- What do you believe to be your strong points?
- What do you believe to be your weak points?
- What qualities do you admire in other people?
- What irritates or displeases you most in other people?
- What is your greatest accomplishment?
- Tell me about your work history. How did you get the jobs? What kind of work did you do and why are you leaving?
- How do you feel about relocating and travel away from home?
- In what extracurricular activities did you participate and what offices did you hold?
- What portion of your educational expense did you earn?
- Whom do you admire most in history?
- What three words would your friends use to describe you?
- If you were going to Mars, what three things would you take?
- Why should I hire you?