The Board of Fellows, established in 1972, sees its mission to serve as "goodwill ambassadors" within the community, as well as to provide financial and other support to the University.
Made up of over 160 business leaders and professionals, the Fellows increase the University's visibility through special events and outreach, and raise funds for scholarships. Through their activities, members of the Board of Fellows also find rewarding opportunities to network with peers who share their belief in the value of higher education.
The Board of Fellows leadership for 2015-2016 is as follows:
- Walt Bromfield, chair (2015-2016)
- Brian Smith, treasurer and chair-elect (2016-2017)
- Patty Martini Clark, past chair (2014-2015)
- Debbie Sheridan, secretary
- Natalie Sidor, marketing/communications co-chair
- Evan Brownstein, marketing/communications co-chair
- Steve Murray, Fellows Forum chair
- Jimmy Clark, Fellows Forum Sponsorship chair
- Penny Parks, Business Network Symposium chair
- Ruth White, Membership chair
- Steve Segundo, Development chair
- Eric Sidor, TopShot co-chair
- Hunter Swearingen, TopShot co-chair
- Frank Ferreri, College of Business (COB) liaison
- Sue Lee, College of Arts and Letters (CAL) liaison
- Debbie Sheridan, College of Natural and Health Sciences (CNHS) liaison
- Patty Martini Clark, College of Social Sciences, Mathematics and Education (CSSME) liaison
- Suzanne Rannie, Career Services liaison
- Randy Pandis, Veterans' liaison
The Board of Fellows asks members to:
- Serve on a Fellows or Trustee committee
- Support and attend scheduled Fellows events
- Support UT as goodwill ambassador
- Nominate potential members
- Financially support the Board of Fellows and the University by fulfilling annual financial requirements of one of the following:
- Standard Level: $1,250 ($250 membership dues plus $1,000 Annual Fund contribution)
- Named Scholarship Level: $1,750 ($250 membership dues plus $1,500 named Scholarship contribution)
- Minaret Society Dinner Invite Level: $2,750 ($250 membership dues plus $2,500 Annual Fund contribution)
See The Board of Fellows Membership Overview (PDF) for giving level details.
For more information, please contact the Board of Fellows at firstname.lastname@example.org or (813) 253-6200.
Opportunities with the Board of Fellows include:
Business Network Symposium in UT’s Vaughn Center
The Board of Fellows hosts three Business Network Symposia each year. Each event traditionally features three Tampa Bay CEOs discussing issues of local economic importance. A complimentary breakfast is provided.
The Fellows Forum is the Board of Fellows' flagship event and features nationally recognized business leaders discussing and debating a topic of relevance. Proceeds from the Forum fund the Board of Fellows Endowed Scholarship, which is awarded to a business major.
The Minaret Society Dinner in November is a formal dinner celebration in honor of University donors for their gifts of at least $2,500 to the Annual Fund within a fiscal year.
Throughout the year, Fellows are also invited to networking socials on campus and in the surrounding area, such as the Kickoff Social, Member Socials and annual Holiday Party, to interact with other board members and the University community.