Established in 1962, the Board of Counselors mission is to aid The University of Tampa in its student retention program and to assist in creating public recognition of, understanding of and confidence in The University of Tampa.
With nearly 85 volunteer members, the Counselors organize social events to raise awareness and funds for UT and maintain programs designed to prepare students for life after college. Through their membership commitment, Board of Counselors members find rewarding opportunities to network with peers who share their belief in the value of higher education.
The Board of Counselors leadership for 2015-2016
- Aakash Patel, Chair
- CJ Steadman, Chair-elect, Cigars and Mojitos Co-chair
- Matt Rutkovitz, Treasurer
- Maggie Andretta, Marketing Co-chair
- Andrew Machota, Marketing Co-chair
- Oytun Tutuncu, Membership Co-chair
- Dylan Sellberg, Membership Co-chair
- Hannah Choi, Development Co-chair
- Stephen McMullan, Development Co-chair
- Anthony Derby, Cigars and Mojitos Co-chair
- Katie Kloepfer, TopShot Co-chair
- Austin Lerner, TopShot Co-chair
- Caroline Vostrejs, TopShot Co-chair
- Mary Beth Hillery, Top Golf Co-chair
- David Brickhouse, Feldman Flappers and Fedoras Chair
- Katie Fields, Speed Networking Night Co-chair
- Nicole Strothman, Speed Networking Night Co-chair
- Anthony Scuotto, Speed Networking Night Co-chair
The Board of Counselors asks members to:
- Serve as ambassadors of The University of Tampa among peers in the community
- Support Counselors initiatives and programs
- Participate on a Board of Counselors or Trustee committee
- Mentor students
- Identify potential members
- Financially support the Counselors and the University by fulfilling annual financial requirements of:
- Basic Level $300 ($150 membership dues plus $150 Annual Fund contribution)
The Board of Counselors fiscal year starts on June 1. For more information, please contact the Board of Counselors at email@example.com or (813) 257-3582.
Board of Counselors Signature Events
Counselors are encouraged to participate in one or more planning committees as well as attend events. Along with all the special events the Board of Counselors hosts
throughout the year, Counselors and guests are also invited to
complimentary networking socials such as the Board of Counselors
Kick-off Social; the Board of Trustees, Fellows and Counselors Holiday
Party; and the Board of Counselors End-of-Year Celebration. There will
be two to three additional casual socials added to the calendar this
academic year. These socials offer opportunities to network with other
board members and with the University community. They are also ideal for
prospective members to learn more about the mission of the Board of
Counselors and to meet current members.
Speed Networking Night
Speed Networking Night (SNN), in partnership with UT Career Services, takes place twice a year, on Oct. 14, 2015, and Feb. 17, 2016. The event is held on the UT campus from 5:30–7:30 p.m. The SNN is modeled after speed dating and provides UT students the chance to meet professionals for a 4-minute blitz to learn and apply networking skills and techniques. The Board of Counselors recruit 25 dynamic representatives from a wide range of industries to include environmental science, hospitality, entertainment/performing arts, government, marine science, pharmacy, healthcare, finance (banking and accounting), education, construction, engineering and law to network with the students. Counselors can also participate in mentoring programs by submitting Volunteer Interest Forms (PDF) to the Office of Career Services.
UTee It Up
UTee It Up, scheduled for Thursday, Oct. 29, 2015, will bring together Tampa’s elite young professionals, former UT athletes and current students at Topgolf Tampa, a premier golf entertainment complex. Tickets are $175 per golfer with proceeds benefiting UT Athletics. Registration starts at 2 p.m. with the awards finishing by 7 p.m.
We anticipate that this event will attract over 100 guests and will feature:
- Food buffet
- Unlimited soft drinks
- Drink tickets for beer and wine
- An opportunity to network and support The University of Tampa scholar athletes
Find out more about the event by visiting the UTee It Up page on Facebook.
Cigars and Mojitos
Cigars and Mojitos is scheduled for March 18, 2016, from 5:30–8 p.m. at Sono Cafe at the Tampa Museum of Art. Guests will enjoy a night overlooking the minarets of UT while enjoying premium cigars, hors d'oeuvres and spirits. Live entertainment completes the setting for this fun event. Information for purchasing tickets will be available as event nears.
Tickets for the Cigars and Mojitos Social will be available available for $40 each or $75 for a pair. Find out more by visiting Cigars and Mojitos.
Top Shot Sporting Clays Shootout
A very popular event for the Counselors, the Top Shot Tournament is a great event to test out shooting skills or learn a new sport. In partnership with the Board of Fellows, the annual Top Shot Tournament was held on Nov. 13, 2015. No experience necessary.
BOC 2015-2016 Calendar PDF
View photos from Board of Counselors events and programs on Facebook.