The National Alumni Association awards up to $10,000 in scholarships to students who are descendants or relatives of UT alumni.
Preference is given to first-year students. Financial need may be considered. The award may be renewable if the recipient is a full-time student and maintains a minimum 3.0 grade-point average at the end of each academic year, but decisions are at the discretion of selection committee.
Applicants for The University of Tampa National Alumni Association Endowed Scholarship must meet the following additional minimum requirements:
- Score at least 1,100 on the SAT or 23 on the ACT
- Demonstrate leadership achievement in high school and community activities
- Be accepted for admission to The University of Tampa
- Possess a 3.25 GPA (as recalculated by UT)
Those students who are not eligible include:
- Sons, daughters and grandchildren of current National Alumni Association board members
- Sons, daughters and grandchildren of full-time faculty or staff
- Sons, daughters and grandchildren of alumni who are appointed members of the screening and selection committees
To apply for the UT NAA Endowed Scholarship, submit the following item:
Please email essays with a subject line of Alumni Scholarship to email@example.com by Feb. 1
- One-page personal essay addressing the applicant's academic and professional goals
- Be sure to include the name of the UT alumni relative.
. All materials must be received by Feb. 1.
The scholarship is announced in the spring for the following fall. Questions should be sent to alumni relations at firstname.lastname@example.org
, or contact the Office of Financial Aid at (813) 253-6219.
To contribute to the scholarship fund, contact the Office of Development and University Relations at (813) 253-6220.