The mission of the SOAR (Students Overcoming Academic Roadblocks) program at The University of Tampa is to provide individualized academic support to any undergraduate UT Spartan who would like to take ownership of their collegiate experiences and reach their academic success goals.
What are the goals of the SOAR program?
- Connect students to UT resources that will aid them in reaching their academic goals
- Provide support and resources for students to take ownership of their academic outcomes and experiences
- Support students in creating an Academic Success Action Plan that will outline important action steps
Who should participate in the SOAR program?
- Any undergraduate Spartan who is seeking to reach their academic success goals
- Students who wish to maintain or improve their current GPA
- First-year and transfer students who want to ensure a smooth transition to UT
How do students participate in the SOAR program?
Participation in the SOAR program is tailored to individual student needs, but generally encompasses:
- A meeting with a SOAR academic programs specialist
- The creation of an Academic Success Action Plan
- Utilizing specific campus resources