The University of Tampa is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award associate, baccalaureate and master’s degrees. Questions regarding accreditation status may be directed to:
Commission on Colleges
1866 Decatur Lane
Decatur, GA 30033
Telephone: (404) 679-4500
Other accreditations include:
- AACSB International – Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business: Sykes College of Business;
- AAM – American Association of Museums: The Henry B. Plant Museum;
- ABET – Computing Accreditation Commission of the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology: Information Systems Program;
- ACS – American Chemical Society: Chemistry;
- CAATE – Commission on Accreditation of Athletic Training Education: Athletic Training;
- CAPACS – Commission on the Accreditation of Programs in Applied and Clinical Sociology: Applied Sociology Concentration;
- NASM – National Association of Schools of Music: Music Program;
- NLNAC – National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission: Nursing Programs.
The Florida Board of Nursing approves UT's nursing programs.
The Florida Department of Education approves UT's education programs.
The Florida State Approving Agency for Veterans’ Training recognizes the University for veterans’ educational benefits.