The University of Tampa is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award associate, baccalaureate, and master’s degrees. Contact the Commission on Colleges for questions about the accreditation of The University of Tampa at:
Commission on Colleges
1866 Southern Lane
Decatur, GA 30033-4097
Telephone: (404) 679-4500
Other accreditations include:
- AACSB International – Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business: Sykes College of Business;
- AAM – American Alliance of Museums: The Henry B. Plant Museum;
- ABET – Computing Accreditation Commission of the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology: Information Systems Program;
- ACS – American Chemical Society: Chemistry;
- CAATE – Commission on Accreditation of Athletic Training Education: Athletic Training;
- CAPACS – Commission on the Accreditation of Programs in Applied and Clinical Sociology: Applied Sociology Concentration;
- NASM – National Association of Schools of Music: Music Program;
- NLNAC – National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission: Nursing Programs.
The Florida Board of Nursing approves UT's nursing programs.
The Florida Department of Education approves UT's education programs.
The Florida State Approving Agency for Veterans’ Training recognizes the University for veterans’ educational benefits.