Browser warning

A continuing undergraduate student at the University must apply for permission to take courses at another regionally accredited institution. Forms for this purpose can be obtained from the Registrar’s Office. To be granted credit taken on a transient basis at another institution, please read the provisions that must be satisfied in the UT catalog.

How to Request Transient Student Status

  • Obtain a Transient Student Status Form from the Academic Success Center, North Walker Hall, or Registrar’s Office, Plant Hall, Room 90, or download the PDF.  
  • Complete the form, indicating the course number and title of the course to be taken at the other college or university.
  • Obtain the appropriate signatures as noted on the form.
  • Return the form to the Registrar’s Office, Plant Hall, Room 90.