Sunday to Friday, June 21-26, 2015
The UT String Orchestra Camp is a comprehensive music camp for all strings students (violin, viola, cello, bass) entering grades 7-12 in Fall 2015. The camp is sponsored by the Department of Music at The University of Tampa and led by UT Orchestra Director Nathan Madsen.
At The University of Tampa Orchestra Camp You Will:
- Improve performance and musicianship skills
- Take master classes with UT music faculty (literature and tips for your instrument, warm-up and technique, how to prepare for auditions, etc.)
- Play in one of two large string ensembles (intermediate and advanced)
- Choose a music elective such as world drumming, basic guitar, theory and score reading/conducting
- Enjoy meals in a UT dining hall
- Be a day camper or resident camper (overnight)
Day Camp Schedule
The day camp schedule is as follows...
- 3-4 p.m. Registration
- 3:30-8 p.m. String Placement Auditions, Dinner, Rehearsals
- 8:30 a.m.-8:30 p.m. (concluding with Grande Finale Concert)
Resident Camp Schedule
The resident camp schedule is as follows...
- Follow the day camp schedule noted above
- Enjoy music events, concerts and other structured activities through the evening
- Live in a UT residence hall overnight Sunday-Thursday with caring adult supervision. The resident/overnight camp counselors are experienced public school music teachers
- All meals provided in a UT dining hall
Grande Finale Concert
The Grand Finale Concert will be held Friday...
- When: Friday at 7:30 p.m. in Falk Theatre
- Location: Falk Theatre is located on Kennedy Boulevard just across from the University's main entrance
- Family and friends are encouraged to attend their student's Grand Finale Concert on Friday afternoon (admission is free, videotaping is permitted)
- Students leave with parents following their concert in Falk Theatre. Resident students' belongings will be in the Falk Theatre lobby for pick-up.
There are separate fees for day and resident campers...
- Day Camper: $325* (lunch included)
- Resident Camper: $525* (all meals included)
- *Additional late registration fee after May 1 of $25
To register, complete the online application form...
There are two parts of registration. To begin, complete the online application form
(part 1 of 2). Once completed, you'll be directed to a document (part 2 of 2) that you can fill out online, but then needs to be printed and mailed or faxed to the Department of Music. Complete instructions are provided in the registration documents.
Application deadline is May 1.
All music faculty will be University of Tampa professors...
All music faculty will be University of Tampa professors and/or certified educators in Florida. Housing directors and activity leaders will be carefully selected college students with camp counselor experience. All faculty are selected based on outstanding performance professionally and their personal commitment to providing the best experience possible.
For information, contact the UT Department of Music at (813) 253-6212, email@example.com