Published: Dec 12, 2008
The University of Tampa’s Sykes College of Business has published a
special report to help explain and analyze the nation’s current economic
crisis, and it’s now available online.
The report, “The Economy:
How Did We Get Here and Where Do We Go Now?” contains summary reports
from five business professors on topics such as regulation, monetary
policy and real estate. The reports were originally presented at a panel
discussion on Oct. 7.
The reports include:
- “History Reminds Us That Regulation May Have Consequences,” by Brian Kench, associate professor of economics;
- “Government Incentives and Taking Responsibility for Poor Decisions,” by Charles Skipton, assistant professor of economics;
- “Defining Crisis in the Banking System,” by John Stinespring, assistant professor of economics;
- “The Role of Mortgage Securitization in the Current Financial Crisis,” by Marcus Ingram, associate professor of finance; and,
- “Overview of Emergency Economic Stabilization Act of 2008,” by Speros Margetis, assistant professor of finance.
A copy of the report can be viewed online at www.ut.edu/cobannouncements. Or, to receive a paper copy, contact the Sykes College of Business at (813) 253-6221.
For more information, contact Cheri Etling, associate dean of the Sykes College of Business, at (813) 253-6289.