Students majoring in sports management got the opportunity to work the scoreboard at the 2010 Transitions Championship, a PGA Tour event, in Innisbrook, Fla.
There are many opportunities for volunteer experiences in the Sport Management Department. Some of those opportunities include the following:
- Honda Grand Prix of St. Petersburg - Students participated in the ceremonies, staging, security and incident management of this IndyCar racing event.
- Transitions Championship - At this stop on the PGA Tour, students helped manage the gates, ticketing, sales, 18th hole scoreboard and caddying for the ProAm.
- University of South Florida Softball Series in the NCAA Division I Softball Tournaments - Students managed game sites, reported scores, provided on site organization and team direction.
- Florida High School Boys/Girls Soccer Tournament - Students assisted with game management and organization.
- NCAA Division II Men's/Women's Soccer Championships - See above tournaments.
- New York Yankees Street Team - Students were involved in promotion of the Yankees' spring training in Tampa, including distribution of schedules, ticket coupons, posters and marketing of the season.
- Stadium Managers Association - Students attended a student workshop and interacted with industry leaders.
- North American Society for Sport Management -With the University of Tampa as the conference host institution in June 2010, students managed presentations, registration, check-in and VIP assistance.
- 3DLax Spring Break 2010 - Students were involved in this lacrosse skills camp including operations, field preparations, teams and video footage.